Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!! I wish you a great time loving yourself and your loved ones.
So on to the Grammys. The show was all kinds of boring, but looking at the positives, this is what I observed:
- The tribute to the Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin was nice.
- Then, I was bored through most of the show, until Cee Lo, Gwyneth Paltrow and Muppets came on the stage. The performance was very colorful. His outfit was crazy, the muppets were so cute and Gwyneth looked great! I loved it.
- I also enjoyed the short tribute to Dolly Parton (by Norah Jones, Keith Urban and John Mayer). They performed “Jolene” which is one of my favorite songs by Dolly. I love me some Dolly…she is as real as they come.
- Talking about John Mayer, did he look like Johnny Depp last night, or was it just me?
- Last but not least the performance with Rihanna and Drake was great. I love Reggae, so the “breakdown” in the performance was refreshing.
On to the “Fashions”…My stand out person of the might was Monica. She looked elegant and very pulled together. As always, her makeup was on point!
Monica at the 2011 Grammys
My honorable mention is Eva Longoria. Something about her whole look really catered to me. Her makeup was clean and her hair nicely styled.
Eva Longoria at the 2011 Grammys
What did you think of the show?
L.I.F.T = Look I’m Feeling Today!!
I’m getting ready to watch the Grammys, but I wanted to share these images I came across today (from the Pre-Grammy Gala and Salute to Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen). The Gala took place last night and Jennifer Hudson was on FIRE!!! She looks amazing in that dress. Her makeup is on point! I am feeling her whole look.
Jennifer Hudson at the 2011 Pre- Grammy Gala...I love her makeup
To create this look, I would use MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow on the lid and MAC Bronze eyeshadow in the crease, with a black liquid liner and false lashes. For the lips, I would use MAC Lady bug lipstick.
Jennifer Hudson...I love her dress.
I really think Miley Cyrus stood out as well. Her makeup was natural but very flattering.
Miley Cyrus at the Pre-Grammy Gala
I also loved seeing Brandy and Monica together. They both looked great! Remember the song “The Boy is Mine”?
Monica and Brandy at the Pre Grammy Gala 2011
Images from Here
Who watched the Grammy’s last night? I did and I enjoyed it. My personal “stand out” person of the night was PINK. I loved everything about her look. Her DRESS, makeup, hair…and last but not least I loved her captivating performance.
Pink at the Grammys
Image from: Here
If you watched the show last night, who was your “stand out” person?