L.I.F.T = Looks I’m Feeling Today!!
I love watching award shows. I am always curious as to how trends (be it makeup or fashion trends) are translated by the actors, musicians, industry “people” and their stylists and makeup artists.
Yesterday was no different, as I tuned in to watch the the 83rd Annual Academy Awards. Of course, the red carpet looks did not disappoint.
Below are my favorite looks from last night:
Camila Alves (the mother of Matthew McConaughey’s children) was my standout person of the night. I loved her whole look. Simplicity at it’s best!!!
Camila Alves at the 2011 Oscars
Jennifer Hudson looked radiant in this tangerine Atelier Versace gown. Again, as with the Grammys, her makeup looked great.
Jennifer Hudson at the 2011 Oscars
Last but not least, I had to mention Halle Berry. I thought she looked Angelic 😉 in this dress below. I loved her whole look.
Halle Berry at the 2011 Oscars
Did you watch the show last night? What did you think?
Images from Here
I wanted to share some of my favorite pink tone lipsticks and lipglosses. I can never get enough of pink lips, so I had a difficult time narrowing down the list to six. Please feel free to add your favorites in the comment section.
For color reference, I did not use any lipliners or additional lip products, so you could see the real color payoff on my complexion (unless otherwise stated).
Show Orchid Lipstick by MAC
From the MAC Wonder Woman Collection, Spitfire Lipstick and Athena's Kiss Lipglass
Rose Petal True Colour Lipstick by Sleek Makeup with MAC Plum Lip Pencil
Money, Honey Dazzleglass by MAC. I love the name...Money...HONEYYYY, lol
Lovechild Lipglass by MAC
Shell Lipstick by Mary Kay
I added a bonus pink lipstick, just because I get so many questions about this particular color. It is the infamous MAC & Nicki Minaj collabo, Pink Friday Lipstick. This lipstick is not one of my personal favorites, but you can make it work with a lipliner and a gloss on top of it. I usually pair Pink Friday lipstick with NYX Deep Purple lipliner and MAC Rags to Riches Dazzleglass.
Pink Friday Lipstick by MAC. Not my thing at all
Don’t forget to enter the $100 MAC Giveaway. It ends on Sunday, Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:59pm EST!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!! I wish you a great time loving yourself and your loved ones.
So on to the Grammys. The show was all kinds of boring, but looking at the positives, this is what I observed:
- The tribute to the Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin was nice.
- Then, I was bored through most of the show, until Cee Lo, Gwyneth Paltrow and Muppets came on the stage. The performance was very colorful. His outfit was crazy, the muppets were so cute and Gwyneth looked great! I loved it.
- I also enjoyed the short tribute to Dolly Parton (by Norah Jones, Keith Urban and John Mayer). They performed “Jolene” which is one of my favorite songs by Dolly. I love me some Dolly…she is as real as they come.
- Talking about John Mayer, did he look like Johnny Depp last night, or was it just me?
- Last but not least the performance with Rihanna and Drake was great. I love Reggae, so the “breakdown” in the performance was refreshing.
On to the “Fashions”…My stand out person of the might was Monica. She looked elegant and very pulled together. As always, her makeup was on point!
Monica at the 2011 Grammys
My honorable mention is Eva Longoria. Something about her whole look really catered to me. Her makeup was clean and her hair nicely styled.
Eva Longoria at the 2011 Grammys
What did you think of the show?
L.I.F.T = Look I’m Feeling Today!!
I’m getting ready to watch the Grammys, but I wanted to share these images I came across today (from the Pre-Grammy Gala and Salute to Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen). The Gala took place last night and Jennifer Hudson was on FIRE!!! She looks amazing in that dress. Her makeup is on point! I am feeling her whole look.
Jennifer Hudson at the 2011 Pre- Grammy Gala...I love her makeup
To create this look, I would use MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow on the lid and MAC Bronze eyeshadow in the crease, with a black liquid liner and false lashes. For the lips, I would use MAC Lady bug lipstick.
Jennifer Hudson...I love her dress.
I really think Miley Cyrus stood out as well. Her makeup was natural but very flattering.
Miley Cyrus at the Pre-Grammy Gala
I also loved seeing Brandy and Monica together. They both looked great! Remember the song “The Boy is Mine”?
Monica and Brandy at the Pre Grammy Gala 2011
Images from Here
To bring in 2011, I am excited to announce the Official Welcome to 2011 in February (due to my lateness) Pink Diamonds giveaway (I am cheezin right now, so corny, lol).
The 1st runner up will receive: The Ecotools earth-friendly overnight bag and The ecotools cosmetic bag. I love these products, so I wanted to share.
The winner will receiver: $100 in M.A.C Cosmetics products of your choice. Plus, one of my favorite Makeup books of all time…Making Faces by Kevin Aucoin.
Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin
Simply enter to win by:
1. First entry: Subscribe to this blog via the link at the bottom of the page and leave a comment below sharing what you would like to see on future blog entries or any ideas to improve this blog. Also, tell everyone about Pink Diamonds by TL 🙂
These are other ways to enter. They are optional but will give you more entries and therefore increase your chances of winning:
2. Second entry: Mention this giveaway on your blog or twitter and let us know in the comment section you have done so.
3.Third entry: “Like” Pink Diamonds by TL on Facebook and let us know you have done so in the comment section.
4. Fourth entry: “Follow” Pink Diamonds by TL on Twitter and let us know you have done so in the comment section.
- You must be 18 or older to enter. Contest is open to U.S., U.K and Canadian residents.
- The winners will be chosen randomly.
- Deadline for entries for this giveaway is on Sunday, February 27th 2011 @ 11:59pm (EST).
So…Are we ready!!! I am excited and can’t wait to announce the lucky winner.
Disclaimer: Please note all gifts were purchased by my own funds. The MAC products depends on availability, but a substitute can be requested. Only items from the regular MAC line can be requested, i.e no limited edition items or viva glam items. At least 12 people have to enter the contest for this giveaway to qualify.